RapidMiner Server Quick Start Installation
This document provides a quick reference for those familiar with the installation procedures. For more detailed instructions, use the full installation instructions.
The following are required to successfully install RapidMiner Server:
If it is not already present, install Java 8. The installer displays an error message if it finds Java 7 (or a version earlier than 7), but does not block the installation.
The RapidMiner Server database (schema) stores configuration files, cron job details, user report requests, and other RapidMiner support data. You can use an existing database server or create a new one; it can reside locally or on a remote host. Refer to these instructions for an example of creating a database schema for use by the RapidMiner service, using one of the many supported database platforms.
During installation you will need to supply database access credentials for a user with read, write, and create and delete tables permissions. You can refer to this example of setting permissions using MySQL.
You need a fully functioning RapidMiner Studio client to use RapidMiner Server for any meaningful operations.
Note: If you modified the web.xml file to disable HTTP connections entirely, you must redo those changes with each EAR upgrade.
如果您没有的话，安装 Java 7。当前的 Java 版本为 Java 8 或者早于 Java 7 的版本，安装程序会弹出一个错误信息，但不会影响您的安装进程。
（备注：由于当前最新的 Java 版本为 Java 8，请在下载时注意搜索早期版本）
连接 RapidMiner Server 需要一个功能完备（许可证不能为基础版）的 RapidMiner Studio，任何对 RapidMiner Server 的操作需要通过 RapidMiner Studio 执行。
Performing a complete installation
The following are the necessary steps for getting RapidMiner Server fully operational. They are described briefly here; if you need more information, the links below return you to the full documentation:
Create a database server, if necessary
Download RapidMiner Server
Install and configure
Start the server and complete web-based configuration
Connect to RapidMiner Studio
See headless installation for steps to install on a system without a display.
1. Log into your RapidMiner account and download the RapidMiner Server package.
2. From bin, run the Linux, Unix, or Mac OS start script (rapidminer-server-installer)or Windows batch file(rapidminer-server-installer.bat). For Windows, run the installation as Admin, which allows the installer to register the service.
Note: If Java is not available (not on the path or JAVA_HOME is not set), the installer will not run correctly. If it does not run, check your Java installation.
3. Configure RapidMiner Server settings, database connections, and optionally, email settings.
4. Install the package, and optionally, create an installer script for use in a headless installation.
5. Start RapidMiner Server using one of the methods indicated on the Success screen.
6. Open a web browser pointed at the http://
: (for example, http://localhost:8080) and login with these credentials: